The 121-day cruise includes 52 unforgettable destinations in 31 countries – From the Mediterranean, the journey travels through the Suez Canal to the Red Sea, Africa, South America, the Caribbean, the United States and Canada before returning to Europe via Greenland and the ‘Iceland – The unique travel experience also includes new travel destinations in the Brazilian Amazon
April 20, 2022. MSC Cruises today announced the launch of reservations for MSC World Cruise 2024. MSC Poesia’s new extraordinary itinerary will start on January 5, 2024.
MSC World Cruises has always been fully booked since their launch in 2019. The latest round-the-world tour follows an extraordinary new path that includes 52 fascinating destinations in 31 different countries.
Guests will embark on 4, 5, 6 or 7 January 2024 in the ports of Civitavecchia / Rome, Genoa, Marseille or Barcelona to embark on a spectacular 121-day cruise. They will then spend almost four months on board on a journey full of unforgettable experiences around the world.
The cruise begins with the first highlights of the Mediterranean, including stops in France, Spain, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, an overnight stay in Haifa, Israel and a day visit to Cairo via Port Said / Alexandria, Egypt. Then it’s through the world famous Suez Canal to the stunning Red Sea, where ancient world attractions await you in Luxor and Petra.
After an overnight stay in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, the ship heads south to the crystal clear waters of the paradise islands of Zanzibar, Seychelles and Mauritius before continuing along the South African coast to Durban, Port Elizabeth and an overnight stay in Cape Town.
The ship then crosses the South Atlantic to South America to experience something very special there: exploring the Brazilian Amazon. On the journey on the richest river on earth to Manaus, guests find themselves in the heart of the world-famous Amazon rainforest. In Brazil, stops will follow in Salvador de Bahia and Belém as well as in Rio de Janeiro. Here the ship docks for the night so that passengers have enough time to enjoy the sun on Copacabana beach and the metropolis’s famous nightlife.
Continue on to the Caribbean’s most beautiful pearls: St. Lucia, Barbados, Martinique, Dominican Republic and the Bahamas, including MSC Cruises’ private island Ocean Cay, are visited on the way to North America.
Here the ship will spend the night in Miami, Florida and New York City, before continuing north to Nova Scotia and Quebec, Canada. On the way back, MSC Poesia will stop in some of the most beautiful cities in Northern Europe, as well as Greenland and Iceland.
Highlights from the MSC World Cruise 2024
- Luxor, Egypt: On a journey through time to the wonders of the ancient world, guests will discover monuments, temples and tombs, including the impressive Karnak temple complex, one of the largest ancient religious sites in the world.
- Petra, Jordan: The fascinating ancient city is an absolute highlight. The site is known for its beautiful reddish rock color and carved stone carvings.
- Zanzibar, Tanzania: White sand beaches, turquoise waters and a rich cultural offer are just some of the special features of Zanzibar that make the island’s tropical paradise an experience. Guests can visit Stone Town, the heart and soul of this destination. Those who prefer adventure can head to Jozani Chwaka National Park to enjoy the wild vegetation and admire Zanzibar’s famous red colobus monkeys, an endangered species found only here.
- Port Victoria, Seychelles: Upon arrival in the Seychelles, guests will discover Port Victoria, the small but lively capital of this country of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean. Located on Mahé, one of the largest and most important islands in the archipelago, Victoria offers a glimpse of Creole culture: lively markets, peaceful botanical gardens and beautiful colonial buildings. But the beauty of the island lies above all in nature, such as lush forests, tea plantations and wonderful beaches such as Mahe Beach.
- La Possession, Reunion Island: This exclusive destination is rarely visited by cruise ships and offers unique sights such as the Cirque de Salazie with its remains of a majestic volcanic crater. Instead of the lava geysers that went extinct centuries ago, guests will find a thriving life here. The Piton de la Fournaise offers the opportunity to discover still active volcanoes: the Dolomieu and Bory craters, which filled with lava in 2007.
- Cape Town, South Africa: The city brings together the best of South Africa’s natural and cosmopolitan attractions, from world-renowned wine regions to the exquisite natural beauty of Table Mountain National Park, with panoramic mountain, city and Atlantic views and Indian Oceans. Visitors can spend a relaxing day browsing the shops and restaurants of the V&A Waterfront or visiting Camps Bay beach.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Between the azure sea and forested mountains, the city’s streets and buildings are modeled at the foot of the mountain range that forms the backdrop to the city, while Guanabara Bay is home to many rocky islands with white-sand beaches . World famous attractions such as Corcovado with the Christ statue, Sugar Loaf or Copacabana are just waiting to be discovered.
- Salvador de Bahia, Brazil: The city gives you an electrifying feeling from the moment you walk in: the Afro-Brazilian heritage is strongest in Brazil’s great historical and cultural center, where capoeira, candomble and samba de roda were created. Guests can expect lively beach life, modern skyscrapers and many favelas, the traditional heart of Salvador.
- Belém, Brazil: The eastern gateway to the Amazon is a special destination. Guests will be charmed by this city, with its mango tree-lined streets and parks and pastel-colored facades of once decadent buildings that have been slowly faded by the tropical sun.
- Manaus, Brazil: The largest city in the Amazon is an unforgettable destination in the middle of the jungle. Manaus is the ideal starting point for an incredible adventure in the Amazon right in the heart of pristine rainforest and diverse wildlife.
- Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Bahamas: The marine reserve surrounding Ocean Cay, MSC Cruises’ private island that was once a former industrial sand-mining area, offers uninterrupted sea views, crystal clear waters and fine sandy beaches . With MSC Shore Excursions on Ocean Cay, visitors can explore, discover and enjoy the beauty of nature, for example with snorkelling excursions, kayaking tours or paddle boarding.
- New York, USA: The bustling city is definitely worth a visit, whether guests want to explore Manhattan on foot, discover hidden gardens next to postmodern skyscrapers, or see the iconic Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. From Broadway shows to world-class museums, New York’s vibrant arts and theater scene is not to be missed.
- Nova Scotia, Canada: The destination boasts a colorful waterfront, sandy beaches and beautiful historic landmarks, as well as scenic wilderness trails. Travelers will discover many interesting attractions in Halifax, in the province of Nova Scotia, such as the Citadel, the Nova Scotia Art Gallery or the Maritime Museum.
- Quebec, Canada: In Quebec, guests will discover vibrant French-Canadian culture as they stroll along the ramparts of Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Montmorency waterfalls or Jacques Cartier National Park also offer breathtaking landscapes.
- Reykjavik, Iceland: Reykjavík, the northernmost capital in the world, is a small but exciting port city with numerous Viking museums, shops and a vibrant atmosphere. Special attractions nearby include a geothermal Blue Lagoon, breathtaking waterfalls and majestic lakes.
Advantages when booking:
15 shore excursions and a Dine & Drink package are included with every booking, as is a 30% discount on all laundry services. Additional excursions and packages can be booked either in advance or during the cruise.
MSC Voyagers Club members will benefit from a 5 + 5% discount if they book by May 4, 2022, as well as three membership points that will be credited to the account immediately, so that all additional privileges are immediately available.