More than 1,390 different shore excursions worldwide are available for MSC guests in the 2022 summer season, more than ever
MSC Cruises announced today that guests can book over 1,390 shore excursions for this summer season, the highest number ever. The extensive program offers options for very different vacation types – from families with young children to solo travelers to those who want to tick spectacular places off their to-do list. Guests can choose from excursions with longer stays on land and shorter half-day highlights.
Individual ground leave
At all destinations, guests can now return ashore on their own, provided local authorities allow it. To get the most out of their MSC Cruises vacation, guests can save up to 20% off booking excursions in advance. Booking in advance not only guarantees a spot on the most popular excursions, but also guarantees entry to some of the world’s most famous attractions for which last minute tickets may not be available.
Guests can also opt for an Explorer Package – three top excursions at a great price, which can be booked before the cruise or on board.
Marialuisa Iaccarino, MSC Cruises Excursions Manager, states, “We are proud to be able to offer our guests the widest range of quality shore excursions ever made this summer. Shore excursions give guests the freedom to take advantage of every moment of their shore vacation to learn about local culture, sample local delicacies, and visit famous monuments. Everyone is looking for their own personal vacation experience, so it’s important to have a large selection so that everyone can find the right offer for them. Guests can expect value for money, comfort and convenience without having to worry about a thing when booking an excursion with us. “
The full range of MSC Shore Excursions for 2022 also includes PROTECTOURS – these tours were first introduced by MSC in 2020. They are designed to provide guests with authentic insights into nature and wildlife while protecting the environment and the natural beauty of the earth. Nearly 70% of PROTECTOURS feature environmentally friendly modes of transport such as hiking, biking or kayaking, and many make a direct contribution to the environment by helping protect species or habitats.
In line with its commitment to protecting the environment, this year MSC Cruises will introduce electric and hybrid modes of transport in more than ten European cities.
Additionally, the MSC BIKE ADVENOURS bike tour range has been expanded, with 150 scheduled for this summer season. With the new offering in 21 countries, more guests than ever can visit the most beautiful destinations with a low carbon footprint.
Advantages for guests on excursions with MSC Cruises
Booking an MSC excursion is the best way to discover any destination without stress:
- Price and performance: You can experience the highlights of each destination on carefully planned excursions led by experienced and qualified local guides at reasonable prices.
- Comfort and services: From transportation to and from the ship to sightseeing, MSC Shore Excursions is designed so that guests can relax and enjoy the excursions.
- Carefree and Serenity: Guests can relax in the knowledge that all our tours are operated by carefully selected partners and a dedicated team on board is always available to answer any questions.
Highlights of the Summer 2022 Shore Excursion Program include:
Shore excursions Western and Eastern Mediterranean include a range of over 540 different experiences:
- Exploring the island of Gozo by boat and jeep, Valletta (Malta) – Guests take a tour of Sliema with its stunning coastline, caves and stunning island views before exploring the crystal clear waters of the beautiful Blue Lagoon. You will experience Gozo’s pristine landscapes and explore top attractions by jeep, including the towering cliffs of Sanap, the picturesque bay of Xlendi and the saltwater lagoon known as the “Inland Sea”.
- Etna and Taormina, Messina (Italy) – This excursion takes guests to this natural phenomenon and to the nearby town of Taormina. As you explore the town of Zafferana Etnea, you will enjoy unforgettable views of the mountains and the sea.
- Panoramic Cruise and Walk from Piazza San Marco to the Rialto Bridge, Monfalcone (Italy) – The tour begins with a ride in a comfortable coach to Venice before travelers are taken to the historic center on a panoramic tour by private boat. On this beautiful tour, guests can explore Venice, including the world-famous Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs, picturesque views of the Grand Canal, and much more. During the tour, guests also have time to explore Venice on their own.
- Massada and Dead Sea (Haifa, Israel) – The optimal choice for guests looking for a completely relaxed experience. This tour is a fantastic day trip to discover the historic city of Massada with the unique opportunity to bathe in the mineral-rich waters of the Dead Sea.
- PROTECTOURS – The secrets of sustainable living in Olympia (Katakolon, Greece) – Guests learn about sustainable agriculture, natural olive oils and soaps at a charming organic farm near Olympia and end with a typical family celebration.
From the British Isles to the Baltic States, from Iceland and Greenland to the fjords Northern Europe over 630 Shore excursions available:
- Norwegian waterfalls and train adventure (Norway) – From the Nærøy Valley, the tour heads to Tvindefossen Falls, a twin waterfall of two fabulous waterfalls, followed by a train ride through stunning natural landscapes before guests descend into the stunning Flåm Valley in Myrdal – 867 meters above the level of the sea – and take a ride ride the world famous Flåm Line.
- Le Havre – Highlights of Paris (France) – Guests should not miss the opportunity to see some of the most important sights of the magnificent French capital and find out why Paris is known around the world for its elegance and grandeur.
- PROTECTOURS – Design walk in the center of Helsinki (Finland) and upcycling workshop – The tour is a walking tour of the most beautiful places in Helsinki while visiting the Design District, where guests can make their own recycled creations and learn about the city of EDEL, a pioneer of ethical and eco-friendly luxury goods.
In the Caribbean, MSC Cruises offers over 200 shore excursions in summer 2022:
- The culinary delights of San Juan (Puerto Rico) – This foray into Puerto Rican flavors offers many colorful surprises for the taste buds: from Chocobar Cortés, a chocolate factory founded in 1929, to homemade ice cream and refreshing cocktails, to La Casita de Rones, the official bar and distributor of Rico rum of Puerto. Here guests will learn the history of authentic Puerto Rican rum.
- Maya ruins Kohunlich, Costa Maya (Mexico) – Located in the Yucatán Peninsula and a must see in Mexico is the archaeological site of Kohunlich, a terraced city built by the Maya between about 250 and 600 AD. Traveling back in time, guests will discover a submerged palace, acropolis and other incredible courtyards in this sacred place.
- PROTECTOURS – Eco Nature Excursion in Nassau (Bahamas) – This excursion focuses on exploring the lush flora, fauna and marine life on the beautiful private island of Blue Lagoon. Guests can not only enjoy the beautiful beaches, but also learn about the diverse marine life, including rays, sharks, dolphins and sea lions.
More than 20 excursions are available in the beautiful private MSC Marine Reserve of Ocean Cay (Bahamas):
- Shipwreck Snorkeling Tour: Led by professional snorkel guides, guests can experience colorful and exotic marine life at one of the best snorkeling spots in the area.
- Ocean Cay Beach Cabana: Guests can rent cabins for a day for up to six people and experience the ultimate relaxation of the cabana while enjoying the sun and the sea.
- Climb to Ocean Cay Lighthouse: Guests soar to the island’s iconic lighthouse and enjoy 360-degree views of the island, neighboring bays, the lighthouse bay, and of course the cruise ship. Participants climb three levels and 165 steps to the top of the lighthouse and thus reach the highest point on the island. Along the way, your guide will share insightful facts and figures about the island’s impressive transformation from an industrial area to a vacation paradise.
Press contact MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises Ltd
PR Manager (DACH)
Garmischer Straße 7
Telephone: 089 – 856355-5509
Image source: MSC Cruises GmbH
Did you like the article? Vote now:
[Total: 1 Durchschnitt: 5]